Thursday, March 22, 2007

A CELEBRAÇÃO



The Celebration of the Lizard


Lions in the street roamingDogs in heat, rabid, foamingA beast caged in the heart of a cityThe body of his motherRotting in the summer ground.He fled the town.He went down South And crossed the border Left the chaos disorderBack thereOver his shoulder.One morning he awoke in a green hotelW/a strange creature groaning beside him. Sweat oozed from its shiny skin.Is everybody in? The ceremony is about to begin.Wake up!You can't remember where it was.Had this dream stopped? The snake was pale gold glazed & shrunken. We were afraid to touch it.The sheets were hot dead prisons.And she was beside me, old,She's, no; young. Her dark red hair.The white soft skin.Now, run to the mirror in the bathroom,Look!She's coming in here.I can't live thru each slow centuryof her moving.I let my cheek slide downThe cool smooth tileFeel the good cold stinging blood.The smooth hissing snakesof rain...
Once I had a little gameI liked to crawl back in my brain I think you know the game I meanI mean the game called "Go Insane"Now you should try this little gameJust close your eyes forget your nameforget the world, forget the peopleand we'll erect a different steeple.This little game is fun to do.Just close your eyes, no way to loseAnd I'm right here, I'm going tooRelease control, we're breaking through
Way back deep into the brain Way back past the realm of painBack where there's never any rainAnd the rain falls gently on the town And over the heads of all of usAnd in the labyrinth of streams beneathQuiet unearthly presence ofNervous hill dwellers in the gentle hills around Reptiles aboundingFossils, caves, cool air heightsEach house repeats a moldWindows rolled A beast car locked in against morning All now sleepingDust blind under the beds of lawful couplesWound in sheetsAnd daughters, smug with semen Eyes in their nipplesWait! There's been a slaughter hereDon't stop to speak or look aroundYour gloves and fan are on the groundWe're getting out of townWe're going on the runAnd you're the one I want to come!
Not to touch the earth, not to see the sunNothing left to do but run, run, runLet's run, let's runHouse upon the hill, moon is lying stillShadows of the trees witnessing the wild breezeCome on, baby, run with meLet's runRun with me, run with me, run with meLet's runThe mansion is warm at the top of the hillRich are the rooms and the comforts thereRed are the arms of luxuriant chairsAnd you won't know a thing till you get insideDead president's corpse in the driver's carThe engine runs on glue and tarCome on along, not going very farTo the east to meet the CzarRun with me, run with me, run with meLet's runSome outlaws live by the side of a lake The minister's daughter's in love with the snakeWho lives in a well by the side of the roadWake up, girl! We're almost homeSun, sun, sunBurn, burn, burnMoon, moon, moonI will get you soon...soon...soon!I am the Lizard KingI can do anything
We came down the rivers and highwaysWe came down from forests and fallsWe came down from Carson and SpringfieldWe came down from Phoenix enthralledAnd I can tell you the names of the kingdomI can tell you the things that you knowListening for a fistful of silenceClimbing valleys into the shade
For seven years I dwelt in the loose palace of exilePlaying strange games with the girls of the islandNow I have come again to the land of the fairAnd the strong and the wiseBrothers and sisters of the pale forestChildren of nightWho among you will run with the hunt?Now night arrives with her purple legionRetire now to your tents and to your dreamsTomorrow we enter the town of my birthI want to be ready

JAMES DOUGLAS MORRISON Webmaster: PABLO ALUÍSIO / Junho de 2000

No comments: